Every season brings ephemeral trends which can be quite bewildering. Is it florals, polka dots, stripes – or all of them? Thankfully, a number of hardy perennials remain on trend to give us respite.
Now, it’s the turn of the red dress. Actually, designers are so enamored of it that it remains smoking hot for another season. Street style too has embraced the red dress, making it the top new staple for your wardrobe.
Hollywood seal of approval
Hollywood royalty have been wearing the shade of the season at film and music events, proving that it works for everyone: Emilia Clarke and Brie Larson looked stunning in red at Vanity Fair’s 2019 Oscar Party. Brie wore a dazzling one-shoulder red dress, while Emilia opted for a gown with a statement sleeve. Meanwhile, Jennifer Hudson rocked this year’s Academy Awards in a ruffled red dress.
This site explains the male perception of a red dress: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/women-wearing-red_n_5a81e38ae4b08dfc9306bea2.
Why you deserve red
Red has a cherished place in our wardrobes. We relish its meaning and symbolism: red is daring, assertive, energetic, determined, enthusiastic, powerful, exciting, impulsive and strong. It’s a no-brainer choice when we want to feel confident.
A red maxi dress looks elegant and will unleash your confidence. You can buy a red maxi dress at AX Paris.
Red also signifies passion, physical energy and desire: this is the reason why you feel sexier as soon as you put on your favorite red dress. There is a red dress for each shape and occasion.
It’s a trend that will work in the present and for months to come – so ditch the LBD in favor of a LRD and wow the crowds.
What to wear with a red dress?
- Black ankle boots work well for comfort and style
- For an edgy modern look, layer your red dress over your jeans
- Gold jewelry looks great against red. Experiment with trinket necklaces, bangles, statement earrings, hoops and chokers
- Celebrities rely on the tried-and-tested formula of pairing a red dress with nude sandals
- If it’s chilly, your red dress will look striking with a warm camel coat
- If you’re brave enough, go red head-to-toe. You could mix up different red tones or max out one color.